Training and Technical Support - Consulting Services
With the help of trainers and tutorials, participants will be introduced to:
- Free open standards such as DAISY and EPUB 3
- Free open source software developed by the DAISY Consortium
- Accessible book samples
- The concepts and workflows of creating structured documents and adding image descriptions in the process
- Automated web accessibility testing tools
- Examples of accessible websites
Prices for Inclusive Publishing Training and Technical Support Services are based on the real costs per day.
Organizations or institutions that are not members of the DAISY Consortium will pay 100% of the calculated actual cost. Associate Members of the DAISY Consortium benefit from the discount system based on the World Bank Classification (income per capita).Typically, an on-site workshop will be invoiced as follows:
- Travelling (airfare, train etc., lowest reasonable rate)
- Hotel including breakfast
- Per diem rate for meals and incidentals (including travel days)
- Trainer fee: for the duration of the training in addition to 1 or 2 preparation days.
Note: Preparation days will depend on the number of trainees and the duration of training. For the purpose of calculating the cost, preparation days are perceived as the days spent by trainer at the venue before the training.
Based on the information provided by the T&TS staff, invoice will be provided to the purchaser of the service. It is highly recommended to keep the trainer/trainee ratio to 1:5.
Please use the Contact Us form on the DAISY Consortium website to request more information.