DAISY 2.02 Regenerator
The DAISY Regenerator is a software tool designed to enable organizations to repair and upgrade existing DAISY 2.0 and 2.02 DTBs.
This tool takes a DAISY 2.0 or 2.02 DTB as input, and performs a series of operations on it in order to output a valid DAISY 2.02 DTB.
- Conversion of HTML and SMIL files to valid XML
- Fixes of reoccuring errors and inconsistencies that existed in the output of early versions of production tools
- Ability to rename files sequentially (so that they play in order in MP3 players)
Why use the Regenerator?
- Because the elimination of possible errors will yield a better experience for the end user reading the DAISY 2.02 DTB.
- Because a valid DAISY 2.02 DTB is future safe. Only valid DAISY 2.02 DTBs are guaranteed to be upgradeable to the DAISY 3 standard. In this respect, the Regenerator may be regarded as an organization's "Swiss Army knife" of longevity.
The Regenerator works together with the DAISY 2.02 Validator. After regeneration has been done, the DTB can be automatically validated, to ensure that no errors or inconsistencies remain.