Installing Obi from offline installer
This installer would be useful in a case when internet is not available.
Obi requires the following hardware configuration:
- 1.2 Giga Hertz processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Sufficient hard disk for storing wav files
- 2.8 Giga Hertz single core processor/ 1.8 Giga Hertz dual core processor
- 3 GB RAM
Sufficient hard disk for storing wav files
Following '''Software specifications''' are a must for proper functioning of Obi:
Windows XP-SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- .NET Framework 2.0
- DirectX Runtime, version 9c (managed).
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.0 OR ABOVE
Before starting the installation, please make sure that you have the administrator privileges.
Follow the steps given below to install Obi on your system:
- Download self extracting zip setup file from download page and unzip these to a folder.
- Double click on the file named ''PSetup.exe'' in the setup folder and setup wizard starts the Windows Component Installer. Click on the '''Next''' button, and the installer will take a few minutes to upgrade your operating system.
- After upgrading, the Windows Component Installer will confirm the status of installation. Click on the '''Finish''' button, and setup will open the Java setup. If your system does not have Java Runtime Environment installed on your system, install it using this wizard.
- The Java setup shows the license agreement. Click on the '''Accept''' button to agree to the license, and the Java setup starts installing JRE.
- After completion, the Java setup shows the status of installation. Click on the '''Finish''' button to move further.
Now, the setup wizard opens the welcome page as shown in the figure below:
Click the '''Next''' button or press '''Alt+N''' to move ahead. The wizard shows the license agreement as shown below:
Read the license agreement thoroughly. Select ''I Agree'' radio button, if you agree to the terms and conditions listed in the agreement. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, the wizard will not continue the installation.
Once you have made the selection, click on the '''Next''' button or press '''Alt+N''' to continue. Setup wizard moves ahead and shows the following :
In the figure above, the wizard shows the directory where it will store all the files pertaining to the program. By default, it should be C:\program files\the urakawa project\Obi XX. To select a different location, click the '''Browse''' button next to it or press '''Alt+R'''.
- If you want the program to be visible to everyone, select the '''Everyone''' radio button. Otherwise leave it with the default value: '''Just Me'''.
Click on the '''Next''' button or press '''Alt+N'''. A dialog box appears asking for confirmation of starting installation of Obi on your system:
Click on the '''Next''' button or press '''Alt+N''' to continue installing. The wizard shows the progress bar with a '''Cancel''' button, if you want to cancel installation at anytime.
After installing, a dialog box appears giving the status of the installation as shown in the figure below:
Click on the '''Close''' Button to close the setup wizard or press '''Enter'''.
- You may go to the previous page of the wizard wherever a '''Back''' button is provided. Click on the button or press '''Alt+B'''.
- You may also cancel the wizard with the '''Cancel''' button.
Pipeline-lite gets installed automatically on your system during the installation of Obi.