Obi 1.2 Provides Increased Performance and Capabilities
The free, easy to use open source DAISY production tool Obi can create DAISY 3 (ANSI/NISO Z39.86) and DAISY 2.02 DAISY Digital Talking Books. Obi 1.2 provides increased performance and additional features to enhance user experience. This release also addresses bugs reported following the release of Version 1.2 - RC2. DAISY content creators can now author large projects as GUI performance issues have been resolved.
Improvements and Fixes:
- large projects can be managed efficiently and limitations on the number of phrases and sections have been eliminated
- upgraded to work on Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- a built-in audio format converter allows producers to import MP3 or WAV files into a project - the imported audio files will be automatically converted to match the audio preferences of the project
- an 'auto-split' command can now be applied on all phrases in a section and also on multiple sections, even on sections of the whole book
- the 'audio file import' command has been extended to allow creation of sections from the names of imported audio files
- a 'merge phrases' command has been extended to allow merging of continuous phrases following or preceding the current phrase in a section, making workflow more efficient
- a 'delete following phrases' command has been added (deletes all the phrases following a selected phrase in the section).
In addition, changes have been made to Obi views, primarily in the Content View. Some of the keyboard shortcuts for navigating among items in the Content View have also been modified. Release notes and download links for Obi 1.2 are available from the Obi project area on the DAISY Consortium website.