O'Reilly December 14th Webcast Coming Up: HTML5 for Publishers
Times for the December 14th webcast: 10 PT San Francisco, 6pm - London, 1pm - New York, Thursday Dec. 15th at 5am - Sydney, Thursday Dec. 15th at 3am - Tokyo, Thursday, Dec. 15th at 2am - Beijing.
Speakers: Kat Meyers and Sanders Kleinfeld
HTML5 is coming to your e-book reader! With the release of the EPUB 3 specification, HTML5 support is now officially part of EPUB standard, and publishers will be able to take full advantage of HTML5's feature set to add rich media and interactivity to their e-book content.
HTML5 for Publishers gives an overview of some of the most exciting features HTML5 provides to e-book content creators: audio / video, geolocation, and the Canvas. Learn how to put them in action.
Also discover how to:
- Intersperse audio / video with textual content
- Create a graphing calculator to display algebraic equations on the Canvas
- Use geolocation to customize a work of fiction with details from the reader's location
- Use Canvas to add an interactive "finger painting" app to your e-book
- Make interactive EPUB files for the iPad.
Please follow the link to register online.