MyStudio PC - Creating a New Project
1. After starting MyStudio PC, the "Selection of the operation" dialog will be displayed.
2. Choose "New" from the list using UP and Down Arrow keys and press the "OK" button or press "Enter" key.
3. In order to create a new project when the "Selection of the operation" dialog is not displayed, choose "New"(N) from the "File"(Alt + F) menu or press Ctrl + N.
1. Set up the recording format after the "Setting of the recording format" dialog is displayed. PCM and MP3 format at various compression rates are listed in the drop down list. In Appendix C in the MyStudio PC USER MANUAL "Table C2 - List of sample rates and equivalent recording times", there is a table of the audio format options and it provides storage capacity ranges based on various sampling rates and formats. The table includes project size as compared to CD capacity figures.
2. After choosing the sound format, press the "OK" button or press the "Enter" key.
1. After the "Input the project folder name" dialog is displayed, input the project name. (The project name must be less than 63 characters and it must be only alphabets and numeral numbers. Do not leave spaces between the words, use underscore. The project folder name should be the same as the project name or a shortened version of the project name so that it is easy to identify it.)
2. Select the directory where you want to save the project and press the "Save" button or Alt+S.
3. After the "Check" message is displayed, press the "OK" button or press the "Enter" key.
1. The "Setting of the book information" dialog is then displayed. For most languages the "Language" field and "Character Set" fields will automatically be filled in based on the internal settings of the workstation. The "Title" field will be active and highlighted for information entry.
2. Input all of the information needed into the text box. To move to the next text box, press the tab key. After inputting all of the information, press the "OK" button or press the "Enter" key.
1. Choose "Open"(O) from the "File"(Alt + F) menu or press Ctrl + O.
2. Open the project directory and select the file called "Ncc.imdn". All projects will be opened with the "Ncc.imdn" file for that project. Every project created and produced in MyStudio PC has an "Ncc.imdn" file. The project file, the "Ncc.imdn" file for the project last opened in MyStudio PC will be the project that will display in the browser window when a project is being opened. If a different project is to be worked on, browse for the project folder and select the "Ncc.imdn" file for that project.
Then, press the "Open" button or press "Enter" key.
Text is available under the terms of the DAISY Consortium Intellectual Property Policy, Licensing, and Working Group Process.