Pipeline2 Won't Start - Can't find Java

Forums: 

Hi there,

Hope someone can help. I was trying to run pipeline2 on a Mac OSX 10.8. I know that I have the latest version of Java installed but regardless of whether I try to run the cli or the webui, it complains that I need Java installed.

I tried running it through Terminal normally and also tried to open it using the "su username" (since my account has admin rights) and "sudo" commands, but neither of those worked either.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm stumped on this.

Thanks,
Cynthia

Hello,

(sorry for the late answer, I was on vacation when you sent it and I missed the notification)

Can you please tell me which version of Java you have installed? And especially, is it available in the Terminal?

In other words, what happens when you run the following command:

$ java -version

Romain. PS: feel free to follow up either here or by email at rdeltour -at- gmail -dot- com

Hi Romain,

Here's what I get:

java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

... is the version Java installed/updated through the System Preferences different from the version that the Terminal has access to? Because Java control panel (via Systems Preference) says it's Java 8 Update 60.

On OS X, it's recommended to install a JDK (Java Development Kit) version 7 or higher. The mere Java runtime is by default not be configured to be used in a command line environment (that's why you see Java 8 in the Java control panel but only version 6 is detected in the terminal).

You'll find the latest JDK on Oracle's Java SE download page.

It looks like that worked, but you may want to update the instructions on Installation guide then, because that simply tells you to have "Java" installed and update through OSX: https://code.google.com/p/daisy-pipeline/wiki/Installation

Thanks for the help

Glad that it worked! Thanks for the notice on the outdated doc; this Google Code site is obsolete and can no longer be updated, we're working on new documentation.