DAISY on Office 2013? Please Help

Hello,

I've been trying to get DIASY Save As to work, and I'm not sure what else to do at this point. The Accessibility bar has not appeared, and the option to save as a DAISY is not to be found.I have downloaded the 32 bit version in accordance with my computer. I have uninstalled, and re installed the program. I have checked the add-in to enable DAISY, and it is not appearing as an option. I have looked at the other fourms, and tried their options, adn none of them seem to be working. I would love any help you can offer. Thank you.

Make sure you install the correct version of Save as DAISY.

You need to check which version of Microsoft office is installed on your computer. If it is 64 bit version then you need to download the 64 bit version of Save as DAISY for Word 2013. Ignore the bit version of the operating system. So, if your operating system is 64 bit but the office package is 32 bit then you need to install 32 bit version of Save as DAISY.

Further, i hope you have noted that there is a separate installer for Word 2013 and rest of the office packages.

After checking the bit version of your Office package download the corresponding installer for Word 2013 from this page:http://www.daisy.org/project/save-as-daisy-microsoft/ . Note that the links to download the installers for Word 2013 are in the main text on the right side and not in the sidebar.

Make sure you uninstall all instances of Save as DAISY from Control Panel > Programs and then install the file you downloaded from the link above. After installation if still the accessibility ribbon does not appear then do check the disabled and also the com-add-ins in Word Options.

Hope this will help you get started with save as DAISY.

I'm not sure what I did right this time, but somehow its working now. I re downloaded it, thank you :)

I had a similar problem, i.e. with Windows 8.1 I subscribed to MS Office Family Premium ,its a yearly subscription that gives 5 machines access to the MS Office Suite.

I then installed the 64 bit Save As DAISY addin assuming that it would be the correct one, but like the OP , the accessibility ribbon bar never appeared.

On looking at the MS Word installation, I learned that I had a 32 bit version of MS Word. ( See https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-version-of-Office-am-I-using-932788b8-a3ce-44bf-bb09-e334518b8b19?CorrelationId=9f66ca78-d794-46f3-8af6-2bb0d650f810&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US for indo on how to find your MS Word Version)

Uninstalling the 64 bit Save As DAISY addin and installing the 32-bit Save As DAISY addin solved the problem.

Best regards /Colm