Regards,

Miguel

------ Mensaje original------

Fecha: mié, 19/02/2014 10:11 PM

Para: 'Miquel Numiaha';

Asunto:RE: Footnote problem

Hello,

I checked your sample.

I confirm that there is no problem in your book. You have recorded it correctly.

AMIS is reading out the footnote reference number (0 in this case) in TTS voice. This is an AMIS issue.

Other DAISY Players like Dolphin EasyReader and FSReader are playing your book correctly.

Therefore do not worry and complete your book.

If you want to check out other DAISY players then go to

http://www.daisy.org/tools/splayback

best,

Prashant

Sent: 20 February 2014 00:29
To: Prashant Verma
Subject: RE: Footnote problem

Dear Prashant,

I don´t got the final version recorded with my voice, cause I have afraid that if I record all the book, and in the end I can´t hear correctly the talkingbook, all my work has been in vain. However, I got a preliminary version, (is only one page). In this version I could listened my problem.

the link for this file is:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h9fcqn7jvu88np7/uz-PvFMwio

I hope that you can help me with this file. If you need a specific topic, please tell me.

thank you over new.

regards,

Miguel

To: numiaha@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 08:21:39 +0530

Dear Miquel,

I was expecting to receive the book which has your voice, the book which is not playing properly in AMIS.

Then I would have been able to open it in Tobi to check if the human voice recording is properly synchronized with the footnotes.

You have sent me the Save as DAISY output. From this I can only confirm that the document does contain the correct mark-up of footnotes.

However, it seems that you have manually changed the footnote reference numbers.

Save as DAISY assigns continuous numbers to footnotes and at present it is not possible to restart numbering of footnote in pages/sections.

Since you have manually changed the footnote numbering, the XML file now has strange numbering like 01 for the first footnote and 12 for the second footnote and so on.

Without the final DAISY book I am not able to verify the “in AMIS I have problems with the footnotes, cause when I listen the footnotes in AMIS I hear the robotic voice and my voice together” issue.

AMIS is a self-voicing application. It reads out all the menu items and dialogs and if the DAISY book does not have pre-recorded audio then it reads it in TTS (robotic) voice.

So, if the footnote reference and footnote text were properly recorded in Tobi in human voice then AMIS should not read it in robotic voice.

You can also stop the self-voicing feature in AMIS to check if it makes any difference. In AMIS open FILE menu and then click on PREFERENCES.

Uncheck the USE SELF VOICING checkbox and then read your book.

I am sorry that troubleshooting this issue is taking so much time.

But without the final book in hand it is not possible to pin point the problem.

With regards,

Prashant

Sent: 18 February 2014 23:00

Prashant,

I am still gratefull with you,

the link for download my file in dropbox is:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nw83dl7fzwe4y3a/9y6TlwcW2V

and my file in word is attached in this mail,

Thanks again,

regards,

Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 10:04:03 +0530

Please consider sending your book to me for testing purpose.

You could upload it on Dropbox or any similar site and send me the link.

Thanks,

Prashant

Sent: 18 February 2014 09:57

Hi Prashant,

I am graterfull with you for your fast answer,

The footnotes in my file in word is created using Save as Daisy, and later I Import the XML file from Tobi,

then I export with Tobi to AMIS, but in AMIS I have problems with the footnotes, cause when I listen the footnotes in AMIS I hear the robotic voice and my voice together.

=(

thankyou very much

regards,

Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 22:08:51 +0530

Hi Miguel,

It is important to know how you created the footnote in Microsoft Word and which option did you use while using Save as DAISY.

The footnotes have to be created using the INSERT FOOTNOTE option of Microsoft Word.

Further, you need to translate the document to FULL DAISY.

The DAISY XML file does not contain appropriate markup for footntoes and it cannot be handled properly by Tobi. Therefore you should use the FULL DAISY option for translation. Do not worry about the TTS because you will not be using the audio files anyway.

You need to import the XML file from the DAISY book in Tobi. The audio and smil files in the DAISY book are not required.

Hope this clarifies the process. If you followed this process and still you get issues in Footnote playback or recording then please send me the book to have a look

With regards,

Prashant

Sent: 17 February 2014 09:03
To: pr_verma@hotmail.com
Subject: Footnote problem

Hi, My name is Miguel, I am from Mexico

How are you? I hope that you are good.

A friend say me that you can help me with the footnotes in Daysi.

My problem is the follow:

I got the document in word validate, and I can start to record in Tobi,

But when I traslate from Tobi to Amis, to listen the talkingbook, the footnotes sound with a robotic voice and my record together,

I don´t know why, If you can help me I will be gratefull,

Thank you,

regards,