MacOS start up error

Forums: 

I am getting this error on a Mac. Other Macs start up fine.

2013-08-13 07:56:27,750 - [ERROR] - from application in application-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-4 403 Forbidden: Forbidden org.daisy.pipeline.client.Pipeline2WSException: 403 Forbidden: Forbidden at org.daisy.pipeline.client.models.Job.getJobs(Job.java:106) ~[org.daisy.pipeline.clientlib-java-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:na] at Global$5.run(Global.java:248) ~[pipeline2-webui_2.10-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:na] at akka.actor.DefaultScheduler$$anon$2$$anon$5.run(Scheduler.scala:174) [com.typesafe.akka.akka-actor_2.10-2.1.0.jar:na] at akka.dispatch.TaskInvocation.run(AbstractDispatcher.scala:137) [com.typesafe.akka.akka-actor_2.10-2.1.0.jar:na] at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask$AdaptedRunnableAction.exec(ForkJoinTask.java:1417) [org.scala-lang.scala-library-2.10.0.jar:na] at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:262) [org.scala-lang.scala-library-2.10.0.jar:na] at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:975) [org.scala-lang.scala-library-2.10.0.jar:na] at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1478) [org.scala-lang.scala-library-2.10.0.jar:na] at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:104) [org.scala-lang.scala-library-2.10.0.jar:na]

Trying to run the desktop version. So I check that everything is in place and working, Java, Ruby and the rest. It is I run the start script. The browser gives me the message: "2013-13-08 09:36:54 Darwin x86_64" Which is not very helpful. The odd thing is on another Mac this desktop setup worked fine the first time out but on this and other machines I get nothing but trouble. What is going on here and how do I fix it?

Permit me to editorialise here a bit. Now I'm a reasonably expert user. But I have had nothing but trouble from the start with this software. I understand that it is still in development but if the releases I have seen thus far are any indication no one except the most advanced users will ever be able to get this to work right. What has been forgotten in all of this is that this software has to be reliably usable by non-technical people. The Human interface and functions should have been considered from the very start and not added on later as appears to be the case here. As it stand no non-technical user will ever have a hope of getting this thing to run.

There needs to be a simple self contained program to run this, double click on the icon and the program runs, simple as that no fooling around, no tracking down obscure errors written in computer speak that no normal person can understand. You need to be able to give this program to my mother-in-law and she should be able to install it and get it running right now that is not possible.

I fear we are headed down the same road we went with DAISY/NISO 2005, yes it was elegant programming and well thought out and no one ever used it.

Attempting still to get the desktop version to run. Removed everything and started from scratch: Here is the latest error:

2013-08-13 12:11:57,118 - [ERROR] - from application in application-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-4 403 Forbidden: Forbidden org.daisy.pipeline.client.Pipeline2WSException: 403 Forbidden: Forbidden at org.daisy.pipeline.client.models.Job.getJobs(Job.java:106) ~[org.daisy.pipeline.clientlib-java-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:na] at Global$5.run(Global.java:248) ~[pipeline2-webui_2.10-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:na] at akka.actor.DefaultScheduler$$anon$2$$anon$5.run(Scheduler.scala:174) [com.typesafe.akka.akka-actor_2.10-2.1.0.jar:na] at akka.dispatch.TaskInvocation.run(AbstractDispatcher.scala:137) [com.typesafe.akka.akka-actor_2.10-2.1.0.jar:na] at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask$AdaptedRunnableAction.exec(ForkJoinTask.java:1417) [org.scala-lang.scala-library-2.10.0.jar:na] at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:262) [org.scala-lang.scala-library-2.10.0.jar:na] at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:975) [org.scala-lang.scala-library-2.10.0.jar:na] at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1478) [org.scala-lang.scala-library-2.10.0.jar:na] at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:104) [org.scala-lang.scala-library-2.10.0.jar:na]

OK I finally managed to get the pipeline server running on a MacOS X Server platform. What a chore! anyway I now have a question about transforming Daisy 2.02 of which we have 1000s to ePub 3. These are audio only books, we do not have the text of the book only the recording and basic navigation. When I run the job I get the following:

err:XD0007:XD0007 err:XD0007:XD0007 err:XD0007:XD0007

What does this mean?

The obscure error messages in case of job failures are a separate and known issue, mostly caused by third-party processing engines. We'll try to improve the situation.

Can you please share a sample content so that I can reproduce the error ?

Thanks, Romain.

As pipelining is one of the best process to handle multiple instructions simultaneously but doesn’t reduce instruction latency .In it ,the number of instructions that can be executed in a unit of time.Also wanna share

http://www.googleappsbackup.co/

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;