VALIDATION AT THE END OF EXPORTATION

Forums: 

HELLO:

MAYBE SOMEONE GIVE ME SUPPORT.

AFTER "TOBI" FINISHED THE EXPORTATION, ASK ME IF I WANT TO MADE THE VALIDATION.

THEN WHEN THE VALIDATION FINISHED, SHOWED ME THE FOLLOWING:

Problem running DAISY Check (ZedVal) El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at Tobi.Plugin.Urakawa.UrakawaSession.executeProcess(String workingDir, String title, String exe, String args, Func`2 checkErrorsOrWarning)
at Tobi.Plugin.Urakawa.UrakawaSession.checkDAISY(String path)

HOWEVER, THE FILE WITH EXTENTION opf WAS CREATED, AND WAS INSTALED IN AMIS.

WHAT DOES IT MEANS THIS MESSAGE???

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP

REGARDS

TOMAS RIVERA
PART OF PTV GROUP OF NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (MEXICO)

Hello Tomas,

it looks like Java is not configured correctly on your machine (Tobi is a .NET application, but Tobi needs Java to execute the DAISY and EPUB validators (ZedVal and EpubCheck), which are both Java application).

There is a note about Java in the Tobi download page:

http://www.daisy.org/tobi/download

Quoted here for your convenience:

EPUB-Check and ZedVal (DAISY) validators
Tobi ships with both validators, which require Java to run. Note that Java must be configured in Windows' PATH environment variable, which is automatically set when installing the Oracle JDK (the JRE requires manual setting of the PATH, and a reboot). Open the Windows "command prompt" and type "java" (+ hit the return/enter key) to see if Java is configured correctly on your machine.

Let us know how it goes once you have setup the Java PATH in your system environment variables.

Regards, Daniel

THANKS, I WILL FOLLOW YOUR RECOMENDATION.

Hello Daniel, this is Lorena from PTV, I have almost the same problem like Tomas, please check your email I already sent to you an attachment with the problem that I get, hope you have time to check, but most important I hope you can give me an answer, sorry again, many thanks in advance.

Hello Lorena, thank you for sending me a screenshot so I could diagnose your problem (which by the way has nothing to do with what Tomas is referring to, so feel free to create a new forum discussion if you would like to further discuss your issue). In the DAISY standard, the "dc:Publisher" metadata is not optional: it is required, so you must specify a value in order for the exported DAISY fileset to validate correctly (this is why Tobi is warning you that the dc:Publisher value is not correct). You can put the name of your organisation, using Tobi's metadata editor, or using a simple text editor after you finished exporting (look inside the content.opf file). You could also add the missing metadata before importing the DTBOOK XML into Tobi, using a text editor (I assume you create your text documents using the Save As DAISY addon for Microsoft Word).

Regards, Daniel

Hello everybody:

Whenever I convert the Tobi file into Daisy it appears this message:

Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
at urakawa.xuk.XmlReaderWriterHelper.ParseXmlDocumentFromString(String content, Boolean preserveWhiteSpace, Boolean validate)
at Tobi.Plugin.Urakawa.UrakawaSession.b__97(String report)
at Tobi.Plugin.Urakawa.UrakawaSession.executeProcess(String workingDir, String title, String exe, String args, Func`2 checkErrorsOrWarning)
at Tobi.Plugin.Urakawa.UrakawaSession.checkDAISY(String path)

I tried installing and unstalling Java but it didn't work. How could this be resolved?

Thank you

César

Dear César,

You can try to validate with DAISY Pipeline to verify if the problem is related to java runtime or something else. Please select validate z3986 DTB from the list of scripts presented by the new job dialog of DAISY pipeline. DAISY Pipeline can be downloaded from
http://www.daisy.org/pipeline/download

with regards
Avneesh

Hi there.

I am trying to use Zedval from the command line prompt. As soon as I send the command "zedval.bat [package.opf path]" I get a message stating that "java" is not recognized as neither an internal or external command, program or batch executable. The same happens when I just send the command "java". After reading Tomas' problem, I figured it what is missing in my system, namely to manually set java in Windows' PATH environment variable--as the note in TOBI's download note states. But there is no mention as to how to do it.

Can anybody tell me how to do this?

Regards, Julio

Dear Julio,
Please follow the following steps:
  1. Identify the path of JRE on your machine. Ideally, it should be “C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.7.0_13”, where “1.7.0_13” is the version number of JRE installed on your system.
  2. Right-click the My Computer icon on your desktop, and select Properties.
  3. Use Ctrl+Tab to move to the Advanced tab.
  4. Click on the Environment Variables button. The Environment Variables dialog will get displayed.
  5. Under System Variables, click New. The New System Variable dialog will appear.
  6. In the Variable name edit box, type “JAVA_HOME”.
  7. In the Variable value edit box, copy the full path of JRE folder identified in step1).
  8. Click OK to set the variable.
The trouble shooting for java is provided in Pipeline 2 configuration instructions on Tobi webpage:
http://daisy.org/tobi/upgrading-daisy-books-epub
with regards
Avneesh

Dear Avneesh,

Tanks for the help. I followed the mentioned steps accurately and repeatedly, to no avail. I could't set up the path to Java in my system varibles. I saved the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\" (which I found and double-checked) with the name "JAVA_HOME"; yet the path is not loaded when I start or restart the system.

Yet, I managed to set the path from the command-line window, in the good, old DOS way, by sending this line:

"set path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\;C:\zedval\bin\"

(The last directory being where I expanded ZedVal 2.1 binaries (http://www.daisy.org/project/zedval)

Then I went to the folder of the Daisy book I want to validate, and sent the command:

"zedval package.opf"

This time, both zedval.bat and java.exe started easily. I've a very long response--longer than can fit my command-line screen. Worse, a list of code messages too technical for me to understand.

I wonder whether the GUI for Zedval was released already, or whether you could take a look at an image I made of the response.

With regards, Julio Beltran

Dear Julio,
You can use the validator through DAISY Pipeline GUI. It is much more convenient
http://www.daisy.org/pipeline/download
with regards
Avneesh

Thanks, Avneesh. I'll do that at once. Regards.

Thanks, Avneesh. I'll do that at once. Regards.