Pipeline 2 1.2 released!

Forums: 

The 1.2 version of the Pipeline 2 project is now available for download at:
http://daisy-pipeline.googlecode.com/files/pipeline2-1.2.zip

Changes since the last release include:

* various bug fixes and small enhancements to several parts of the Pipeline 2 framework, modules and command line interface.
* slight update of the Web Service API with more stable and consistent XML payload formats.
* scripts that produce or consume DAISY Authoring Interchange documents have been updated to support the version 1.0 of the Z39.98-2012 Book Profile.
* EPUB 3.0 production scripts have been tested with epubcheck version 3.0b4.

More details are available in the release notes:
http://code.google.com/p/daisy-pipeline/wiki/ReleaseNotes).

As usual feedback is warmly welcome, either via the users forum or the developers mailing list!

Can you help me to install this new version
I have also previous installed one , do I have to remove it . I put the latest Java Se 7 & 6 installed .
What else needed to make good installed working version.

Regards

Dear Mostafa, Just extract the downloaded zip file and run the commandline or web service after configuring Java & Ruby. Installation instructions are here http://code.google.com/p/daisy-pipeline/wiki/Installation You can keep the earlier pipeline 2 version in a separate directory. It is not necessary to remove it. For more information read the included readme.txt file or see the user guide at http://code.google.com/p/daisy-pipeline/wiki/UserGuideIntro regards, Prashant

I hope I'm not bother to you , is there any future version of the gui for pipeline cause we are here interested in that.like the daisy pipeline version one??

Hi
I was also testing the pipeline2 command line and changed into the installed dir and typed "dp2 help" then I got this output

[DP2] Waiting for the WS to come up
[DP2] ERROR: WS is not up and I have been waiting for 60.0599999999998 s

Can you help what is WS and how to fix it?

Regards

No rich GUI is planned for the Pipeline 2 at the moment. We do plan to work on a minimalist lightweight GUI, but work has not started and it will come in 2013 at the earliest.

If you want a graphical user interface, an alternative is to deploy the Web UI (see the installation instructions in the User Guide), although the installation is a rather complex technical process and is more recommended for organization-wide deployment rather than single-user environments.

"WS" stands for the Pipeline Web Service, which is the underlying conversion engine started as a daemon process by the command line tool (to save up booting time for later calls of the command line). You may need to check your process manager (e.g. the Task Manager on Windows) and kill all the "java" processes, then retry the "dp2 help" command. Please get back to us if this does not work.

D:\pipeline2\cli>dp2 help
[DP2] Waiting for the WS to come up
[DP2] ERROR: WS is not up and I have been waiting for 60.0599999999998 s

D:\pipeline2\cli>java -version
java version "1.7.0_07"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_07-b10)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 23.3-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

I check the processes but not found any java's.

Can you go back to D:\pipeline2 , run bin\pipeline2 and send the output log ? We can follow up on my email address: rdeltour (at) gmail (dot) com.

D:\pipeline2>bin\pipeline2
The system cannot find the path specified.
D:\pipeline2>bin\pipeline2
D:\pipeline2>cd bin

D:\pipeline2\bin>dir
Volume in drive D is New Volume
Volume Serial Number is 20FC-7411

Directory of D:\pipeline2\bin

09/10/2012 10:48 AM .
09/10/2012 10:48 AM ..
09/04/2012 11:53 AM 10,696 pipeline2
09/04/2012 11:53 AM 8,504 pipeline2.bat
2 File(s) 19,200 bytes
2 Dir(s) xxxxxxxxx bytes free

D:\pipeline2\bin>pipeline2
D:\pipeline2\bin>pipeline2.bat
D:\pipeline2\bin>

Ihave a question. Is the pipeline 2 working or going to work and bug free on Win xP system or not working?

Can the WebUI components install on Windows XP and accessed by the localhost?

Yes, the Pipeline 2 is supposed to work on Windows XP. Yes, it is possible to install the Web UI on XP and access it by the localhost. The Web UI will soon be available as a standalone ZIP distribution, I'll provide a link when this is ready. Romain.

thanx