The focal point in Vietnam was established in March 2006.
The training was undertaken with the aim of achieving the following goals:
- Ability of participants to use DAISY production tools to create DAISY 2.02 digital talking books
- Ability of participants to create DAISY 2.02 files
- Some exposure to or familiarity with, or knowledge of DAISY.
- Understanding of the scope, usability and functionality of the DAISY technology
- Understanding of basic XHTML
- Understanding of NCC-Only and Full-text production workflow, techniques and tools
- Understanding of the DAISY DTB fileset
List of the participants
|Nguyen Tuan Cuong||Vietnam Blind Association(VBA)|
|Nguyen Trung Kien||Vietnam Blind Association(VBA)|
|Ta Thi Binh||Training and Rehabilitation Center for the Blind|
|Le Thi Huong||Training and Rehabilitation Center for the Blind|
|Tran Trung Hieu||Hanoi Blind Association|
|Khuc Hai Van||Hanoi Blind Association|
|Tran Viet Anh||Hai Duong Blind Association|
|Hoang Thi Phuong||Hai Duong Blind Association|
|Nguyen Thi Hai Ly||Thua Thien - Hue Blind Association|
|Hoang Tuan Hai||Thua Thien - Hue Blind Association|
This training course focused on NCC only production using MyStudio PC and Sigtuna DAR 3 and full text production using Sigtuna DAR 3 from the source file already created.
There were 10 participants including 2 visually impaired in this training representing 5 different organizations. The training was conducted for 5 days.
Most of the participants were able to create at least 3 different DTBs during this training. However, since there were only few people who understand English and we needed to have the translator which made the training go slowly, the content of the training course was needed to be adjusted during the training period. Since most of the participants needed to use Vietnamese when creating a project, we were not able to use MyStudio PC which did not display Vietnamese characters in the lists. Unfortunately, we needed to omit the creation of the daisy 2.02 source document using XHTML since we were running out of the time. From the next training if we need to have a translator, we need to consider a longer training period to cover necessary materials.
For this training course, Raksak Chairanjuansakun from Thailand who participated in the International Trainer's Training joined as a assistant trainer. He took a part in Sigtuna DAR 3 NCC only production sessions.
The course outline follows.
- Introduction of the Trainees & Trainers
- Course Goals, Prerequisites and Outcomes
- Course Documentation
- Introduction to DAISY Digital Talking Books
- The DAISY Consortium
- DTB functionality overview
- User groups and use scenarios overview
- Playback tools overview
- DAISY DTB Production
- DAISY DTB Production Tools
- Workflow and Project Management
- NCC-Only DTB Production
- Book Structure, Brief overview
- Introduction to MyStudio PC
- Create ToC only book: "About Myself"
- Direct Recording in MyStudio PC
- Build Book
- Sigtuna DAR 3
- Main screen overview and functions
- Project set up
- Phrase detection & Recording settings
- Audio calibration
- Project Cleanup
- Quality Assurance (QA Player)
- add page
- Sigtuna DAR 3: Producing a Full Text DAISY DTB
- Project set up
- Audio Compression
- Export (Build a project)
- Encoding all the projects
- CD creation and Playback in different software
- CD creation
- Multi-volume CD
- CD creation
- Review, Questions and Answers
- Filling up of Evaluation Forms
DAISY for All Workshop in Vietnam
November 24, 2005. Hanoi, Vietnam
Hiroshi Kawamura and Monthian Buntan organized the workshop.