DAISY for All Seminar in Kazakhstan
DAISY introductory seminar was held at the Republican Library for the Blind and Visual Impaired Citizens in Almaty, Kazakhstan on December 12, 2007. Hiroshi Kawamura talked about the biref introduction to DAISY, DAISY Consotrium and future development of DAISY. After that, the demonstration on DAISY Playback software was presented by Miki Azuma and Dipendra Manocha.
The blush up training for the engineers at the Republican Library for the Blind and Visual Impaired Citizens was conducted by Miki Azuma on December 13 and 14. There were some people who learned how to use DAISY Production software, however, the procedure was not efficient and there was not much progress in production.
By the end of the 14th, the engineer was able to produce ToC only project using MyStudio PC and it was presented to the director of the Republican Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired Citizens.
The program follows:
December 13, 2007
- Create ToC only project with MyStudio PC
- Create Full Text Full Audio project with Sigtuna DAR 3
December 14, 2007
Real production of ToC only project using MyStudio PC
Scenes from the Seminar
Welcome speech by the Republican Library Director, Ms. Balgozhina
Speech given by Hiroshi Kawamura
Speech given by Dipendra Manocha
Meeting at Bagyt - the disabled young people's organization
Group Photo #1
Group Photo #2
December 12, 2008, Wednesday
- meeting the representative of the bodies: Ministry of education and science, Ministry of labor and social protection, Ministry of culture and information and the representatives of mass-media and other reductions of the city of Almaty.
- the official opening of the international seminar.
- The welcome address of the foreign guests and participants of seminar
- The welcome address of the republican library director G. Balgozhina.
- the speech of Hiroshi Kawamura, president, DAISY Consortium and Project Manager: DAISY For All Project about the DAISY Consortium, its goals and tasks.
- the speech Dipendra Manocha, Miki Azuma; the demonstration of DAISY book.
- the lunch
- the excursion around the library
- the meeting of foreign guests with "Zhiger" organization.
December 13, 2008, Thursday
- the visiting of the school for the visual impaired children No.4 after Ostrovsky.
- the lunch
- the negotiation on inculcation of DAISY standard in Kazakhstan and creation of the second DAISY studio in Almaty.